Welcome to the first post on my Football Manager Blog.
In an almost inevitably doomed attempt to make the blog more interesting to those who are perhaps less obsessed with FM than I (99.5% of the population), I am going to try and reimagine my FM 2011 career as a Hollywood movie. To this end, we'll start with the present and then flashback to seasons gone by, where dramatic events will unfold before your eyes.
If it helps you can imagine me in this Hollywood movie, as being played by a young Matt Damon (is he considered good looking and/or modern? I'm so out of touch.) I was going to say a young Justin Bieber but that would essentially be an embryo.
If you don't like Hollywood films and prefer things a little more realistic then I would be played by a young Woody Allen or even Rick Moranis. I'd prefer Mr Allen, but it's your mind'e eye.My long suffering wife who will be mentioned in despatches, will be played by Jaime Murray (before all her plastic surgery).
Anyway, to Football Manager.
It is January 2014. Newcastle United stand on the cusp of their greatest ever achievement, qualification for the Champions League. Currently 3rd in the Premier League, and stunning critics, the question on everyone's lips is 'can they possibly keep this momentum going', and stay ahead of Man City, Chelsea, liverpool, tottenham et al, and really make it into the big leagues? Especially when just two years ago they were playing in the Championship...the Championship...the Championship..(screen blurs and fades, and the caption 2011 appears)
2011
Newcastle appoint 47th manager in past 10 years (slight exaggeration, as allowed in Hollywood). FootyMgr Aiden is placed in charge and promises fans a long andsuccessful reign. Given his legendary work at Drogheda Utd in FM 2010, what could possibly go wrong??
No comments:
Post a Comment